- 1 What is sealing water in purifier?
- 2 What is the function of sealing water?
- 3 What is the purpose of displacement water in purifier?
- 4 Why do we need back pressure in purifier?
- 5 What is the purpose of top disc in purifier?
- 6 Why gravity disc is used in purifier?
- 7 Do seals live in the sea?
- 8 What is the purpose of mechanical seal?
- 9 What causes mechanical seal failure?
- 10 What is the principle of purifier?
- 11 What is blind disc in purifier?
- 12 What is paring disc in purifier?
- 13 What is the reason if the purifier speed is low?
- 14 What is the difference between purifier and clarifier?
- 15 How do you start and stop a purifier?
What is sealing water in purifier?
Water washing is widely used techniques to remove acids, salts, and other impurities from the oil. Water should be injected into the oil before purifying at a rate of between 3 to 5% of the oil flow that is continuously renews the water seal in the purifier bowl.
What is the function of sealing water?
Seal water serves three main purposes: to cool the seal and the shaft, to lubricate the seal and to flush away impurities in the system.
What is the purpose of displacement water in purifier?
Displacement Water Before the desludging, there is oil inside the purifier so we simply provide the water through the additional water to the purifier so that the oil will lift up to the service tank and hence there will be no wastage of oil at all and purifier will be left with the only water before the desludging.
Why do we need back pressure in purifier?
The back pressure ensures that the oil paring disc is immersed in the clean oil on the way of pumping to the clean oil tank. Throughput of oil feed: Throughput means the quantity of oil pumped into the purifier/hr. In order to optimize the purification, the throughput must be minimum.
What is the purpose of top disc in purifier?
A top disc with neck separates the oil and water passage in purifier. A top disc without neck throws water and other heavy particles outwards at the peripheryallowing only oil to pass through.
Why gravity disc is used in purifier?
1) Purifier: When a centrifuge is arranged for separating two liquids of different densities, for e.g. water from oil, it is known as a purifier. The main component of purifier is correct size gravity disc or dam ring which is responsible for creating an interface between the oil and water.
Do seals live in the sea?
True seals typically live in the cold ocean waters of the Arctic or off the coasts of Antarctica. Some seals make caves in the snow to live in. Harp, ringed, hooded, spotted, bearded and ribbon seals live in the Arctic. Crabeater, Weddell, leopard and Ross seals live in the Antarctic.
What is the purpose of mechanical seal?
Mechanical seals are intended to prevent the fluid (water or oil) used by a machine from leaking to the external environment (the atmosphere or a body of water).
What causes mechanical seal failure?
A mechanical seal might fail due to poor lubrication, or no lubrication at all. When there is no liquid around the seal it will be subjected to increased amounts of friction which will increase the temperature inside the pump.
What is the principle of purifier?
The centrifugal purifier uses the principle of density difference to separate water and other contaminants from oil mixture. While the separating force of these mixtures under gravity separation is defined by formula Fs = ∏/6*D3*(ρw-ρo)*g.
What is blind disc in purifier?
Blind Disc means the disc is blind. It means there is no holes in the disc. It is used to convert the purifier into clarifier. It is inserted at the bottom of the disk stack, because there are no holes.
What is paring disc in purifier?
Paring disc It is a stationary impeller mounted in a chamber at the neck of the bow. Its function is to convert the rotating energy of the liquid into a pressure head.
What is the reason if the purifier speed is low?
Reasons for the bowl speed low or purifier not getting the desired RPM are: Belt is slipping (if belt drive) Worn out gear system (if gear system) Bearing damaged.
What is the difference between purifier and clarifier?
While the main function of a purifier is to separate the dissolved water, impurities and sludge from the fuel oil, a clarifier removes any solid foreign material that is not removed from the oil after it passes through the purifier.
How do you start and stop a purifier?
PURIFIER STARTING AND STOPPING
- Open sump tank suction valve to purifier feed pump.
- Open inlet/outlet v/vs.
- Open inlet/outlet v/vs of heater.
- Put feed pump power breaker on.
- Open recirculation (by-pass) v/v -which is located after 3way v/v- to purifier outlet line.
- Check separator sump oil level.